About Our Cause
Welcomed + Included
The Coldest Day of the Year is a moment when Canadian schools, students, and faculty step outside the warmth of their school and share the warmth of welcome and inclusion.
By fundraising for Coldest Day of the Year, you're collecting donations that fund critical services at a local charity pre-approved by CDOY that serves and supports vulnerable families, youth and individuals in your community.
A little walk for a big problem. #cdoy20
- We walk in the cold to declare our concern for people who have no home and who take shelter in nooks and crannies.
- We walk for those whose days are a battle to house and feed their families and whose nights are filled with fear and frustration.
- We walk for those driven from their home by violence and abuse. And we walk for people overwhelmed by isolation, guilt and despair.
- We walk humbly, realizing that anyone can lose their footing and then lose everything else.
Each step we take brings someone closer to safety, health and home as together, we raise funds for charities whose commitment and work transforms peoples' lives.
Our Charity Partners
Our Coldest Day of the Year Charity Partners:
- Welcome people experiencing homelessness, providing respite from constant wandering, wondering and watching one's back.
- Nourish body + soul with food for all who need it and provided in a welcoming and dignified manner.
- Foster healing through counselling, mental health assistance and other connections.
- Support families at great risk of losing their housing, to prevent that downward descent.
- Provide safe shelter and support to women, children and youth fleeing violence at home.
- Help people find pathways to permanent housing, employment and futures.