Steps to a Successful Campaign
- Gather your team: Invite some other staff members and students to help you lead and promote the event in your school.
- Set your goal: Set a fundraising goal that matches the size of your heart, your team, and your school. We think a good goal is $2000 to start, but you can change it to whatever you'd like at any time.
- Be vocal about local: The money you raise in the Coldest Day of the Year supports a local charity that's helping hungry, homeless, and hurting families in your town... and maybe even in your school. So we encourage you to be vocal about local during your campaign - we think students and parents will appreciate that.
- Keep it fun: We like to say that "our cause is serious but our event is fun." So in all your asking, fundraising, promoting, and championing, keep it encouraging and positive so everyone will enjoy it.
Your Campaign Kit
The Campaign Kit is mailed out to all registered CDOY schools in late January. This kit includes some sweet CDOY marketing materials for you to share with your planning team - think of them as little perks for use in the wider class/school promo campaigns.
What's in the box?
- Posters: Eye-catching and compelling, perfect for posting up throughout your school.
- Bookmarks: Perfect for students, and great to hand out to key supporters.
- Buttons: Nice little rewards you can dole out as you wish to those kids you feel deserve a little CDOY love. Certainly your planning team should have a bunch, but really, it's up to you.
- Snow Flake Stickers: Perfect to share with participating kids. Let us know if you'd like more when you register or call/email us.
- Other: We're still adding items to the kit, so there will be some surprises.
Don't Forget Online Campaign Tools!
The moment your school is registered online you can begin your campaign. Our online tools section is where to look. From posters to stencils to pledge sheets to announcements, we've got you covered.